Friends and Family Sales are going strong this time of year. Retailers want to move inventory to make space for holiday products and savvy shoppers want to stock closets with warm clothes for the new season while savings some cash. The Burt’s Bees Family sale starts today, and although there are a ton of reasons why this is the sale to shop, here are my top ten.
- You can never have too many white bodysuits. The baby basics are out of this world. Everything from basic bodysuits and footies to newborn scratch mittens and blankets are soft and sweet, and coordinate perfectly together. You can completely outfit your baby with one shopping cart, with quality basics that will stand up to the toughest baby accident. I love the buttery yellow color! And did I mention that until Monday you can fill the entire baby closet at 25% off? It’s the deal you will be kicking yourself if you miss.
- The boys layered bodysuits. OMG. The boys layered bodysuits. If you have a boy, this is the item of clothing that you need to stock in their closet this fall. It’s layers without fuss. They have great design details, like a camo or striped sleeve, under a basic henley bodysuit. You can easily keep the bodysuit neatly tucked into pants, while the tee hangs nicely over the top. Pair them with the french terry pants, like the camo sweats, and you have an easily outfit to pull out of the closet and throw on when you are late.
- The hoodies and pants sets are perfectly athletic while still appearing pulled together. The pleated hoodie and pants sets for girls are adorable and the athletic hoodies and pants sets for boys are sporty, but they all still look fashionable. All are blissfully void of large logos and stamped messages. They have delicate details like pleats on the shoulders or bright yellow stripes.
- The girls tunic dresses and leggings are basics made stylish. They can run in them, climb playgrounds, and still look photo-ready. The purple varsity tee dress is my new favorite for my daughter, especially during football season. The tuxedo leggings that coordinate will appease every legging-only wearing toddler.
- Rompers are the easiest option for crazy mornings. Or any morning. I love outfitting my kids in rompers when they are small because it’s just so easy to pull that one item out of the closet, wrestle it on and be done. It’s also usually less expensive than buying separate pants and shirts. To make it even better, the boys rompers have layered sleeves, just like the layered bodysuits. It’s such a sporty detail that makes all the difference from a drab basic to something that is fun to wear.
- Velour pajamas are cozy for crisp winter mornings. We live in a tropical climate, so winter morning are usually very much the same as spring and fall mornings, and only slightly less warm than summer mornings. But, we travel north during the holidays and I am always at a loss for warm pajamas that are not fleece. It’s totally a “me” issue. I don’t like the hand-feel of fleece. It feels like plastic. The velour coveralls are warm and cozy and soft for brisk mornings, and the deep red is calling out for a Christmas morning photo shoot.
- If you are an Ohio State fan, you will appreciate how awesome it is to find a complete set of scarlet and grey basics. From layered bodysuits to sweat pants, your little buckeye will be ready for Saturday. Go Bucks!
- The underwear and tees are incredibly soft against delicate toddler skin. Finding underwear for a toddler that is comfortable for them without a rainbow pony on it is so freaking difficult. The Burt’s Bees underwear are great basics for potty training and beyond. Oh, and the boys have the best little boxer briefs. Also, check out the ruffled diaper covers.
- The baby girls layered dress and bodysuit combination is my favorite way for girls to wear dresses. Have you ever dressed your baby in a sweet frilly dress only to see her bulky diaper every time you hold her? The soft pink dresses by Burt’s Bees are feminine with a little bodysuit underneath that keeps everything covered. The bodysuit also helps the dress to hang nicely. When Anna was a baby, I would buy every dress/bodysuit combo that I could find.
- The rugby striped pajamas are a modern design mixed with comfort to make both mom and baby happy. From a soft pink and grey combination to red and grey, pants or shorts, they will make bedtime and lazy Sunday mornings a cute affair.
The Burt’s Bees Baby Friends and Family Sale runs today September 23 through Monday, September 28. Check it out and stock up at 25% off sitewide to prepare for the cold weather and holidays ahead. And if I haven’t convinced you yet with all of the above reasons, the holiday collection with bold black and white polka dots is all you need.